Hello fellow data nerds! My name is Andrew Poole and I am relatively new to the digital analytics world. About a year ago I started to focus my efforts on moving my career into the digital analytics world with the help of some great friends and mentors. This included non-profit support, shadowing experts, learning the hard way, and seeking knowledge from every person I know in this unique and fascinating world.
You are probably curious about why I am blogging. Below are the top 5 things that are driving me right now:
- Why did I move into Digital Analytics? Digital Analytics is a very unique world. It’s rare in business where you can interact and offer a true insight into customer and potential customer behavior. You can help improve a non-profit’s understanding why their message is getting read; help a small real estate firm understand what is driving their recent influx of calls; or an international website understand how they can maximize viewership. We truly help everyone get their message out in the most efficient and effective way possible. In the future I will get more into the “nitty-gritty” of what Digital Analytics Specialists can accomplish and why I chose it for my career.
- Who am I? Someone who is absolutely fascinated with digital analytics, design, and technology. That unique mix is what drives my passion for DA. Over the next few weeks, I will dive into the specifics of why brought me to this world, and why I am making a career out of it.
- How am I doing this? Where did I start? Who supported me? What are my plans and goals?
- How did I fail? This is probably the most important question here. I am going to tell you in detail my failures along the way, so you won’t have to repeat them, unless maybe you are a masochist.
- What else can I learn? Reach out to me, tell me where you are having success and failures. Where would you go, what technologies would you delve into, and who would you reach out to if you were in my position?